Author Topic: Curse/Union For Gamers MCN  (Read 12590 times)

Skedog

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
Curse/Union For Gamers MCN
« on: December 16, 2015, 10:14:14 AM »
Any of you all who have been around the channel for a while know that I have always been pretty anti-MCN(multi-channel network). For the longest time I had felt that joining an MCN was a nightmare that no one should bother dealing with.

I have read through pretty much every starting contract with every major MCN - I am not a law student, but if you take your time when reading these contracts, you can see exactly what is going on.

Typically, the MCN promises you will make more money from your videos because they sell the ad space separate from YouTube - however the split is normally you get 60% of the total ad money and the MCN takes 40%. Also, most MCN's have lock in contracts, which keep you at that MCN for up to 2 years with no way to remove your channel from it once you have signed the contract.

Then I came across Curse/UFG. I read the contract, and thought it was too good to be true. I checked their forums, and all of the partnered users were happy and loving Curse. For all of my hatred of MCN's, I read the contract again. And again. It didn't make sense in comparison to all of the other MCNs. Curse offers a 90%/10% revenue split - meaning you take 90% and they take 10%. They also offer a "leave whenever you like" clause in the contract.

So no lock-in contract and a wonderful revenue split - pretty amazing if you ask me. So a couple of months ago, I took the plunge and sent in my application to join the Curse network. After being accepted, I was greeted by some amazing support staff. I had intended on trying it for a month, hating it, and leaving - which is why I hadn't told you all I joined.

But after a couple of months with Curse, I can honestly say that I see no reason to leave. They offer amazing support, they have indeed increased my ad revenue on my channel, a crazy large amount. They offer a huge music library if you are producing videos, and they have a great community over on their forums.

If any of you all are interested in joining Curse, here is a link to their site where you can apply. I recommend really reading through the contract, make sure it is something you want to do - but with Curse, there really isn't a downside in my opinon.

A couple of closing notes - this is not a sponsored post, these thoughts and feelings truly are my own. Also, the link to join Curse is a referral link, which means if you are accepted to join Curse, that I get a monetary kickback from them for referring you. However, there is no way I would ever refer you to a product or service that I wouldn't use myself - and Curse is just amazing.

MediumTheWhale

• I am the Whale God, my name is Medium.
    • View Profile
Re: Curse/Union For Gamers MCN
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2015, 10:39:19 AM »
I have heard of Curse, but I would always ignore it thinking that it was just too good -same as you- but here you are saying that Curse is actually one of the best, if not THE best MCN out there.

Now, I am no where near the channel size to be able to apply to a network like that. Especially since I have had to "take time off". And while I do not plan on coming back any time soon, this is seriously an MCN I will have to look in to.

Skedog

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
Re: Curse/Union For Gamers MCN
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2015, 10:42:44 AM »
Medium - you would be surprised at the size of some of the channels that are a part of the Curse network. I see people on the Curse forums all of the time that have fairly small channels. Provided you don't have any Community Strikes on your channel, it seems they will accept anyone who is willing to put the time into their channel.

And like I said, in my opinion - they are by far the best MCN I have seen and I have loved every second I have been with them.